Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
FLU SEASON is there now. An annual shot of Flu vaccination is best protection against influenza. I-Care Medical Centre has Flu vaccines available for all age groups -Private as well as Govt funded for eligible people
You can attend Practice to get Flu vaccines
This vaccine will cost $20 if you are not eligible under the National Influenza Vaccination program. This can be paid upon arrival for your appointment.
Who is eligible for Free influenza vaccine
Under the National Influenza Vaccination Program, free seasonal quadrivalent influenza vaccine is available for the following people:
- all people aged 65 years and over ( vaccine that is specifically designed to produce a higher immune response is available for this group)
- all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children aged 6 months to 5 years
- all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 15 years and over
- pregnant women
- Children aged between 6 months and under five years old.
- people aged 5 years and over with medical conditions predisposing to severe influenza,(and you may wish to discuss with your regular GP if your medical condition is covered)
Chronic conditions include :
- Cardiac disease, cyanotic congenital heart disease, coronary artery disease and congestive heart failure
- Chronic respiratory conditions, including bronchiectasis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and severe asthma
- Other chronic illnesses requiring regular medical follow up or hospitalisation in the previous year, including diabetes mellitus, chronic metabolic diseases and chronic renal failure.
- Chronic neurological conditions that impact on respiratory function, including multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries, and seizure disorders
- Impaired immunity, including HIV, malignancy and chronic steroid use
- Children aged 6 months to 10 years on long term aspirin therapy .
Please contact us to book an appointment with one of our DoctorsLeave a reply